Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hmm...

I honestly got nothing for this blog post... So yeah, I'm just going to be a bit random (or not), enjoy. The weekend was pretty sweet for the most part, well the weather was certainly amazing for being that it's during the month of October and all. With that being said, it was also the perfect opportunity to get some sketches, gesture drawings, done for Uebelherr's class. Nothing too complex just simple things, trees and/or flowers, but made of hundreds of lines that are varying length and value.  


Friday afternoon, imported CDs that I had borrowed from the school's library earlier that day. The music was ranging from early as Blind Willie McTell, Memphis Minnie, and Woody Guthrie to bit-closer-to-modern-times as Ramones, Sex Pistols, and the soundtrack from Woodstock. So you know, nothing but the good stuff. Had fun on the Spotify and through that I had found out that Jay-Z's The Black Album is certainly and surprisingly palatable, didn't know that. Downloaded A Tree with Roots, bootleg of a more complete version of The Basement Tapes. So good deal there. Also listening to the Smashing Pumpkins' "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" just has a strange feeling that it, would be a perfect song for Captain Beefheart to sing, but that's just me.


Was used as a pawn in my sister's game, of getting Paranormal Activity 2, it was surprisingly what I had assumed it to be.., from Family Video. Apparently, you have to be 18 or older in order to rent it, who knew? The journey to Family Video wasn't all a lost. I had surprisingly found Nowhere Boy, a bio-pic about John Lennon's early life. Incidentally this coincides with what would have been Lennon's 71st birthday. The movie was good, I enjoyed it. Learned that John Lennon called his Aunt every weekend for the rest of his life. 


New Saturday Night Live, Ben Stiller hosted and Foster the People were musical guests. Foster the People had played their radio hit "Pumped Up Kicks," which by the way isn't  about killing people. And a lesser known song... um I think it was "Houdini," but I can't really be too sure.  As I was being distracted by the appearance of Kenny G. Yeah, Kenny G was there... I just had to question Foster the People now, after a stun like that. Highlights about SNL were the recurring Weekend Update's New York Correspondent, Stefon. Stefon would report on where ourist, who are looking for a nice vacation could go. Which for him, were nothing New York's hottest clubs. And another would've been the Underground Festival, where their festival was just as nightmarish as Stefon's clubs. But of course they both were a knee slapper.


And I had also learned that nobody can sing the blues like Blind Willie McTell. Thanks for pointing that out Zimmerman. It just might be true.

1 comment:

  1. Rumor has it that at one point Dylan wanted to sing about Blind Willie Johnson, but McTell was easier to rhyme. Then again, I'm not sure I believe that because Dylan's "Blind Willie McTell" is the same melody as "St. James Infirmary," which McTell is famous for recording.

    I love the idea of Beefheart doing the Smashing Pumpkins. I could also see Tom Waits croaking out covers of songs on "Melancholy..."

    ReplyDelete