Sunday, April 8, 2012

If Thankskilling Had More of an Easter Theme


Just because mostly everyone's doing it [having some form of an Easter post] I thought, why not? It started sometime a while back, while searching through Netflix one time at a friend's house. There in the gutter of Netflix's eclectic-ness was a film with the description the included “... homicidal turkey …” It was more or less an “okay, I'll bite” moment. By the way, the movie was called Thankskilling. Anyway, the film is a (quite) low-budget film and the only “known” actress was an adult film star. Like I had said, there is a homicidal turkey that is basically a hand puppet, and has a fowl mouth. Ultimately, the turkey pillages and plunders (murders and fornicates) a group of college students. Anyways it probably has some sort of a cult following, but less than Troll 2 and not nearly as cool as anything Ed Wood did. But that's just me. Now the hypothetical is: what if Thankskilling had been more suited for the Easter holiday?

Well, I could see it having some of the similar plot. Instead of a turkey puppet, maybe perhaps a macramé rabbit could be used since has a connection with Easter, and a macramé rabbit would just make it seem more realistic than a puppet. A puppet is just so two thousand and late; I assume kids are looking for more macramé. Plus that way it would be far removed so it wouldn't be similar to that of the Rabbit of Caerbannog. Moving on, it is a demonic bunny, since now it is Easter themed, and has some sort of spat with teenagers, who are probably on their cellphones- damn kids and their rap music. Don't worry, it's all rhetorical.

I see the rabbit as having the ability to talk and turn into a clip art of hasenpfeffer. You know… that common thing. Not to mention that the rabbit likes to make puns or some sort of word plays that makes the audience go “ugh.” And then it basically goes on from there. The rabbit attacks the students in numerous ways, such as serving eggs to the one student who is very allergic to eggs, because it works that well. He then offs a couple more, till there's very few left. The remaining few figure out what's going on, learn about their antagonist, and find a specific way to defeat it (which of course is all mentioned in a specific topic that one of the students has back at their house). It finally ends and they sit down to have their Easter dinner, which isn't ham. Oh no, it just so happens to be hasenpfeffer. And that's about it. Then again, one could go out on a limb and make some sort of blasphemous ending comment, such as “he is risen,” which then can be used for a subtle hint of a sequel which is probably as low-budget as the first. And that would be that. Before I forget, Happy Easter.


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I jumped on the bandwagon and talked about Easter.
    I didn't want to know there was such thing as a demonic bunny, but now that I do I want to watch this movie.
    I own a "Frank the Rabbit" costume from Donny Darko, if you have heard on that movie alone I solute you.
    Next Easter I will be wearing it, thats a promise.
    And that is without a doubt a low budget film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep... I definitely watched that one night when I was searching through netflix, slightly disturbing.

    ReplyDelete