Sunday, December 11, 2011

Nude Model

 It wasn't a surprise for me or anyone in the art class that there was going to be a nude model on Monday. I assume the purpose of this was for the class to study the human form from life. It was probably much more than studying the female figure. Her physique was young and thin. I shall leave it at that. Moving on, there was one thing that I had very much enjoyed about this whole project. It was that we had returned to using an actual drawing utensil. Oh, how much I do like using charcoal. The last several weeks we had been using an eraser, grease crayons, and ink brushes and all to draw. All of which has been the disappointing part of the class, kinda the low point.

I think I may have explained drawing with an eraser, so yeah. Grease crayons were crayons designed for drawing on cows. And this was for a value only drawing and was very much like painting. It was the same with the next: the ink brush. The ink brush was just as it sounds: a brush used to “draw” with ink. Wait. I take that back; drawing in one-point and two-point perspective were the all-time low. True, it's always good to follow the laws of perspective. It was just too organized for me.


Not only were we going back a legitimate drawing utensil, but we just happened to be allowed to gesture draw; a storm of nothing but lines and perfect mistakes. Note: this is all being played to The Supremes' Where Did Our Love Go, Adam Green's Jacket Full of Danger, and Neil Young's On the Beach. At least it was from my own collection, in order to broaden the class's musical horizons. And Uebelherr had played some of his stuff. Anyways, not to mention my class took very well to Jacket Full of Danger, I was rather impressed that they were actually listening to the lyrics this time.


Anyways, I'm getting sidetracked. I should give the model some chops. I mean, remaining still for thirty to forty minutes per pose. I suppose I need I get to my original point, which is she had quite a knowledge of food science- well, something like that. I was impressed. You see, she had brought a treat for the whole class: homemade marshmallows. Also, they were flavored. There were mocha, root beer, and apple pie. Expect they weren't made with corn syrup. Then she had further explained that most, but not all, farmers use corn to get cows pudgier a lot faster. So all in all I had surprisingly learned something that I won't have thought I would learn in art, or from a model.

No comments:

Post a Comment