Sunday, November 13, 2011

Michele Bachmann (Note: Not Kristen Wiig)

Before actually getting into the blog itself, I think it would be for the best if I were to set up this blog, although this isn't really the usual "norm" for me...
 ...I suppose that it was week or so ago where, during class, Azor had brought up Bachman-Turner Overdrive (I don't remember the reason why). He asked me if I listened to BTO. Well, I said, “yeah, but I prefer the Guess Who more.” Which lead Azor to say, “I'm not going to ask your opinion of Michele Bachmann. However, it might be an idea for a blog post.”
  ...and that's that for the most part (also, I should probably throw in a disclaimer that, though this may seem "one sided," I would like to note that any and all political parties are dangerous to one's moral being). So without any further delay, here is the feature presentation, not shown in 3-D... 

I’m pretty sure that most of the world, and by “most of the world” I mean those Americans that actually care, could view Michele Bachmann as a Sarah Palin protégée (well a more successful protégée, unlike Christine O'Donnell. Remember her? Oh I hope they didn't burn her at the stake, tehe). Anyways, for the reasonable person, that probably does hold some merit (and if not, then please look up the definition of protégée). However, this isn't what my blog is about.

Early in the week, I was just sitting, watching the rain and playing 3-D pinball (note: this was after watching the live stream of Abbey Road). Someone told me that “everything relates to the good” (it was something that he had learned in his philosophy class, which I tried to make sense of). I kept thinking about the idea of everything relating to the good, on a count that Michele Bachmann and I don't see eye-to-eye on everything/anything/some things. The first thing that comes to mind when Michele Bachmann is being related to the good is that she's portrayed by Kristen Wiig on Saturday Night Live. Nothing says good or winning like Wiig; she's like a female Bill Hader or Fred Armisen.

Michelle Bachmann isn't Ann Coulter. Bachmann is the kind of girl, who likes the first amendment and water-boarding. Okay, Michele did have that personal quirk of looking in the wrong direction that one time. Still, I'll take looking in the wrong direction over forgetting one of the most used words of your campaign. You know, like that one candidate, I forget his name... (In all seriousness, I think people should be a bit more concerned about his wanting to cut education than the lovable Texan governor's memory problem). Months back, Newsweek had given the honor of placing Bachmann on the cover, which had this, I don't know, Charles Manson-esque feel about the photo (it's the eyes). For what it's worth, Manson did have charismatic eyes, which led things to get accomplished, so in a roundabout way this is a compliment. Good news, Bachmann isn't remotely spelled or defined the same as Rick Santorum's last name (and one tends to thank Dan Savage, thanks Mr. Savage). I'll admit that Bachmann is nowhere as retro as Newt Gingrich, but on the other hand, Bachmann doesn't buy her husband expensive jewelry from Tiffany's (even though he might like it once and awhile). Another positive would be, or at least I would view it has a positive, that five women haven't come forward claiming that Bachmann had sexually harassed them. Wait, or would that be hot?!? Hmm... Well while that's busy tickling the heterosexual male's mind, let's move on to the next topic.

The thing about Bachman that does get me all warm and fuzzy inside is, gaffes (well, I think that’s what it’s called, just don't quote me not it, tehe). I think that for the most part, her “oops” has been a part of her characteristics, whether she like likes them or not. So why not explore some.

She has this odd idea that carbon dioxide isn't a harmful gas. Interesting theory, dog, I just don't want to be the guinea pig to test that out. I suppose learning that Disney's The Lion King is nothing more than “gay propaganda” was certainly was an eye opener. Gee, and I thought it was Disney's take on Billy Shakes' Hamlet, but boy was I wrong. Moving on the same train of thought, Elton John isn't better at what he does because he can play the piano or write a tune. It's because he's a homosexual. So remember kids, if you want to successful in life just be gay. Hey, don't knock it until you try it. Just more words of wisdom from Michele Bachmann. Boy for a politician, who isn't too keen on gays or gay marriage, she certainly does like to have them on the brain. When talking about the swine flu (Remember that? Retro isn't it?), she did find an “interesting coincidence” between the outbreak in ‘76 and ‘90. Except she had the knack of pronouncing Gerald Ford like jim-ee kahr-ter, and then for some reason thinking he was a Democrat. Weird? I guess that blew her coincidence out of the water. A bit more history: John Quincy Adams wasn't a founding father. The founding fathers didn't work endlessly to stop slavery, sorry about that, dude. However, I will admit that I don't know of any candidate that knows that birthplace of an infamous clown serial killer. Who knows, it could be the winning answer to a trivia contest. That's assuming when the question is being read, it's actually being misread by ignoring the 'Gacy' part. Of course, not all of them are silly. She had the nicest of all gestures to wish Elvis a happy birthday on August 16th.

At least she didn't pull a 'Lambert Field;' remember that, Kerry? Sure Bachmann has chalked up quite a list of “oops,” but don't we all at some times? I think best case scenario for Bachmann would be getting the Republican party's presidential nomination (big if) and then getting a running mate whose last name is Turner. Then use BTO's “Takin' Care of Business” as their campaign song. That would be epic, though only to a point, of course.

Just remember that Kristen Wiig is the comedian, not Bachmann.

Not to be outdone by any other of my little tidbits at the end, here's this week's "Columbo" moment: During the end of this week, I learned that Aleister Crowley and Aldous Huxley had dined together in Berlin back in October of 1930. Well, sure this isn't news-breaking or earth-shattering, and to be honest, probably a bit outdated. However, just the idea of these characters actually meeting is still pretty mind-blowing. Well, I thought it was pretty neat, but that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment