Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spider Solitaire

During this weekend I found myself; trapped in the tantalizing addiction to Spider Solitaire. Sure it's not a proper addiction like crocheting or heroin, but hey nobody's perfect. Which is probably the first step: admitting one has a problem. Basically an over-the-top summary of the game, simply put, would be a game of social class and segregation. But that's a far gone thought from just putting the cards in numerical order and the correct suit.


I think the reason that the game is so addicting is because that one gets so close to winning that one just has to try again. And before you know it, you play six games and five hours have gone by, but that's just a hypothetical situation (so I'm not saying that this has happened to me). Anyways, I have tried all three different difficulties and I can honestly say that I don't think there's a way to win the “Advance Difficulty,” just sayin'. Of course, this leads me to the next problem: sure, the first two difficulties, beginner and intermediate, make sense as they go from one suit to two suits. That seems legit. But then from intermediate to advance is just crazy, going from two suits to four suits. Talk about jumping the gun there. I would feel a little safer if I could just gradually work my way up to the four suits, instead of being throw into a chasm, just sayin'.


Yet I don't see the connection between a spider and a card game. Is it simply the icon?


On a separate note: does one ever get the feeling that Wisconsin is just in one big snow globe? Because I'm surely convinced that it is, just sayin'. Also, I’d like to say I'm psyched for Jack White's debut album; hopefully it goes as well as anything done by the White Stripes or Dead Weather.

2 comments:

  1. Thought I'd start off by saying that I am addicted to playing normal solitaire. Now that's out of the way, I have a next door neighbor who will play spider solitaire for no less than 2 hours a day and she has won a fair amount of games on advanced mode. But I agree with you the jump between intermediate and advanced is insane. That's why I just stick to reg. solitaire.

    And I dont see the connection between spiders and cards either, but the name does sound good.

    I just want it to either stay or go (the snow). No more of this winter/spring crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like playing Spider Solitaire but I'm addict to playing Hearts. I don't think there's a connect between the spider at all, but I do think that the Spider Solitaire icon looks cool.

    ReplyDelete